Inside Sales Representative Cover Letter
Inside Sales Representatives work at the company’s headquarters and are responsible for selling products and services, usually on the phone. Typical work activities of an Inside Sales Representative are identifying sales opportunities, making cold calls, assessing customer needs, forwarding qualified prospects to sales executives, closing sales, providing after-sales support, maintaining prospect databases, demonstrating product features, and collaborating with the marketing department.
Those interested in an Inside Sales Representative position should be able to demonstrate the following skills throughout their cover letters:
- Selling skills
- Customer service abilities
- Conflict resolution
- Patience and perseverance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Computer competences
- Telephone etiquette
- Results orientation
Beneath is provided a sample cover letter highlighting comparable job requirements and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Inside Sales Representative Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Smith:
When I learned of Pioneer Books’ need for a new Inside Sales Representative, I was anxious to submit my resume for your consideration. As an experienced inside sales and customer service professional with a strong history of managing client relationships and increasing corporate revenues, I stand in a prime position to significantly contribute to your objectives in this role.
My experience providing outstanding customer service, achieving sales goals, and growing and nurturing beneficial account relationships positions me to substantially impact Pioneer Books. By leveraging an insightful ability to implement forward-thinking sales solutions, complemented by my exceptional telephone etiquette and networking talents, I excel at connecting with key sales decision makers to quickly build profitable and lasting partnerships leading to sustained revenue growth.
Following are highlights of my qualifications:
- Achieving significant sales and revenue growth through phone sales of products while providing world-class customer service and support for Navigant; worked with Navigant’s customer base to retain business and upsell new business.
- Recognized as a top sales performer; consistently surpassed monthly quotas by up to 270%.
- Calling prospective customers, promoting special offers and products, closing sales, processing orders, resolving inquiries, and providing after-sale support.
- Forging trusting and enduring relationships with customers, peers, and management teams to maximize client retention and satisfaction.
- Utilizing persuasive communication abilities and superior time management skills to achieve maximum sales and the highest level of customer service.
My dedication to creating solid and productive relationships, along with my steadfast motivation to meet or exceed inside sales goals, characterizes my career accomplishments. These skills, combined with my talents in sales team motivation and leadership, will allow me to greatly benefit Pioneer Books. I look forward to discussing this position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Maria N. Salinas
Sales cover letter sample
View this sample cover letter for a sales representative, or download the sales cover letter template in Word.
As a sales representative, you need to be persuasive in order to seal the deal—that includes when you want to get a job. Your cover letter should demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. To be considered for top sales jobs, it helps to have a well-crafted cover letter. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a sales representative, or download the sales cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about sales careers and search for sales jobs on Monster.
Sales representative cover letter template
Sometown, FL 55555 | 555-555-5555 | email@example.com
July 27, 2017
Ms. Rita Jones
VP of Sales
55 East Second Street
Sometown, FL 55555
Re: Territory Sales Manager, Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Jones:
As your next territory sales manager, my focus and energy will be directed toward achieving the same multimillion-dollar growth for your southeast territory that I have delivered for my current and former employers.
I am a dedicated sales professional with experience propelling my assigned regions to record-setting revenue results. I oversee top-producing salesforces; multi-state territories; and retail, wholesale and distributer channels.
In my present role as sales territory manager at XYZ Company as well as in earlier sales positions, I have consistently met or exceeded quotas and expectations. For example, I have:
- Closed $6.8M in 2017 (20% above goal) to achieve a new territory record in overall sales volume at XYZ Company.
- Ranked in the top 5% of sales professionals company-wide throughout my career, including #1 revenue and market-share honors out of 100 colleagues nationwide during my tenure with DEF Company.
- Expanded account base by 23% during a time when industry sales declined by 10%.
Regarded as an expert in consultative sales, account management and salesforce development, I am driven to sell, enjoy teaching others how to sell and take pride in serving my customers and channel partners with excellence.
I look forward to discussing plans for generating new business opportunities within ABC’s southeast territory, and I have some ideas I would like to share with you. The best way to reach me is my cell (555-555-5555) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time!